1930 STAR CAVALIER MODEL E
||Lambert 5 cylinder radial
|The Cavalier was manufactured by the
Star Aircraft Corporation in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. The famous
William D. "Billy" Parker was the general manager
through out the company's existence. Competing for sales with
the popular Monocoupe line of airplanes, the Cavalier was
designed as a more rugged aircraft. The Model E was the last of
the series, improved with more horsepower, a larger tail, and an
outrigger style landing, it proved to be more versatile than
previous models. Philips Petroleum and many other oil companies
used the little monoplanes to fly into unimproved oil drilling
sites. The museum's Cavalier was the first of the E models
produced and one of only a few examples of the Cavaliers left.
It is currently unassembled and on display waiting its turn to
be restored to flying condition.
GOLDEN AGE AIR MUSEUM
Grimes Airfield ,
371 Airport Road,
Bethel, PA 19507
Telephone: (717) 933-9566
eMail: Contact Us
All materials on this Web Site (as well
as the organization and layout of the Site) are owned and copyrighted by
Golden Age Air Museum. © Copyright Golden Age Air Museum, 2005. All
rights reserved. No reproduction, distribution, or transmission of
the copyrighted materials on this Web Site is permitted without the
written permission of The Golden Age Air Museum.
Send mail to Contact Us
with questions or comments about this Web Site.
September 03, 2011